Detailed Debt Information – Bond Caps and Debt Outstanding
FY 2019 Bond Caps and Debt Outstanding
Note: Program links below target PDFs.
- Includes only authorized programs that are active at March 31, 2018 or have outstanding program balances or both.
- Amounts issued may exceed the stated amount authorized by premiums, by providing for the cost of issuance, reserve fund requirements and, in certain circumstances, refunding bonds. In some cases, Authorized but Unissued bond cap amounts have been reduced by the higher of (i) net bond proceeds available to fund program, or (ii) par amount of bonds issued.
- Reflects par amounts outstanding for bonds and financing arrangements or gross proceeds outstanding in the case of capital appreciation bonds. Amounts do not reflect accretion of capital appreciation bonds or premiums received.
- Authorization also includes any amount necessary to refund outstanding Housing Finance Agency State University Construction Bonds, all of which have been refunded.
- Authorization applies to bonds issued after March 31, 2002, prior to that date there was no limit.
- The amount outstanding includes CUNY Community Colleges bonds for which the State pays debt service. The total amount authorized for CUNY Senior Colleges was unlimited for resolutions adopted prior to 7/1/85 and limited to $7.982 billion for both CUNY Senior and CUNY Community Colleges for resolutions adopted after 7/1/85.
- Legislation enacted in May 2002 prohibits further issuance of bonds for this purpose, except for refunding purposes.
- Includes bonds issued for West Valley, DEC Environmental Infrastructure Projects, Environmental Protection Fund, Onondaga Lake, and the Office of Parks and Recreation and Historic Preservation.
- Includes debt outstanding for OGS Buildings: 44 Holland Ave., 50 Wolf Rd., 625 Broadway Ave., Hampton Plaza, and DOT Region 1.
- Authorized amounts includes Certificates of Participation, which have been issued as bonds after March 31, 2003.
- Includes authorizations for Science and Technology Center (Syracuse), Super Computer Center (Cornell), Center for Telecommunications (Columbia), HEAT, Center for Industrial Innovation (City of Troy), Center for Advanced materials (Clarkson), Center for Electro-Optic (Rochester), Center for Neural Sciences (NYU) and Center for Incubator Facilities.
- Includes bonds issued for Community Capital Assistance Program (CCAP), Rebuilding the Empire State Through Opportunities in Regional Economies Program (RESTORE), Empire Opportunity Fund (EOF), Generating Employment Through New York Science Program (Gen*NY*sis), Multi-Modal Transportation Program, and Center of Excellence Program (Laws of 2002).
- Includes bonds to be issued for economic development projects outside cities of 1 million or more in population.
- Includes bonds issued for the EOF, RESTORE and CCAP.
- Includes bonds to be issued for economic development and environmental projects.
- Includes bonds issued for Secured Hospital Program, HFA Moral Obligation Bonds, and the JDA State-guaranteed bonds.
- Capital leases and mortgage loan commitments are included in all figures and references to State-related debt in this AIS unless otherwise specifically noted.