Boards & Committeesskip breadcrumbs
A number of state boards and committees include the Budget Director, or their designee, as chair or member(s). These panels perform important control, review, oversight and advisory functions to ensure greater efficiency in government spending. A table that lists those panels, with links is provided for access to meeting agendas and other information.
- Public Authorities Control Board: The Public Authorities Control Board (PACB) was created and empowered pursuant to Sections 50 and 51 of the Public Authorities Law. These sections of law direct that eleven statewide public authorities must receive a resolution of approval from PACB prior to entering into any project-related financings.
- Smart Schools Review Board: In November 2014, New York voters approved the $2 billion Smart Schools Bond Act to finance educational technology and infrastructure, providing students access to the latest technology and connectivity needed to succeed and compete in the global economy. The Smart Schools Review Board reviews and approves applications for this funding from school districts.
- Not-For-Profit Contracting Advisory Committee: Provides guidance and review of the state’s contracting practices with its not-for-profit partners.
- Financial Restructuring Board: The Financial Restructuring Board for Local Governments offers assistance to eligible municipalities to improve fiscal stability, management, and the delivery of public services.
- Franchise Oversight Board: The Division of the Budget no longer has membership on nor staffs the Franchise Oversight Board. Please visit the Franchise Oversight Board’s website at franchiseoversightboard.ny.gov/ for meeting notices and other information.