Public Information and Media Contactskip breadcrumbs
Members of the media may direct inquiries to our press line: 518-473-3885, 518-474-9041 (Fax), or email inquiries to email@example.com.
- OpenBudget: Through OpenBudget, New York State provides searchable information on for the current budget on spending estimates, appropriations and school aid. It also provides historic revenue data going back to 1992 and budget publications dating back to 1954.
- School Funding Transparency: Beginning in the 2018-19 School Year, certain districts have been required by state law to provide information to the State Education Department and the Division of the Budget on funding at the school building level, providing parents and other stakeholders data on how funding is distributed among schools within their district.
- FOIL: The Freedom of Information Law (“FOIL”), Article 6 (Sections 84-90) of the NYS Public Officers Law, provides the public right to access records maintained by government agencies with certain exceptions.
- Publications: The Division of the Budget publishes each year’s Executive Budget (the Governor’s budget proposal) and final Enacted Budget (as approved by the legislature and signed by the Governor). The Financial Plan contained in the budget is also reviewed and updated quarterly.
- Citizens Guide: Learn more about New York State’s executive budget model and process.
- Boards and Committees: The Division of the Budget also supports various boards, including the Public Authorities Control Board, the Smart Schools Review Board, and the Financial Restructuring Board, among others.